back to archive
Edamame with Cumin, Chilli and Garlic
Something to get your detox juices flowing: lightly spiced edamame with crispy garlic... or スパイシー枝豆 for those versed in Japanese.
It's loaded with Iron, Protein, as well as Vitamin A and Vitamin C. We have shelled edamame too but this is way more fun to eat.
Naturally Vegan and Gluten Free.
- 454g edamame pods (frozen)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (finely diced)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 lemon
What to do:
- Pour the edamame into a pot of hot boiling water with 1/2 tsp of salt and cook for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, drain and set aside
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the chilli, garlic, and cumin. Stir continuously for 1 minute
- Add the edamame to the pan and cook for 1 minute
- Sprinkle the rest of the salt and squeeze lemon over the edamame pods