Baked Spicy Plantain Crisps
Baked and spicy plantain crisps that won’t break even in the heartiest of dips. Plantains look like large bananas and is a staple in many Latin American diets. They’ve got far less sugar than bananas and are jammed with Vitamin A, B6, C, Potassium and Fibre. Not only that, but plantains are known to boost immune systems and promote healthy brain function as well.
Vegan and gluten-free
- 1 green plantain, peeled and cut into thin width-wise slices
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp fine salt
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 200℃
- Put lime juice and oil in a bowl. Add the plantain and mix thoroughly
- In another bowl add the plantain, then the chill powder, cayenne pepper and salt. Mix well
- Lay plantain slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway. They’ll be golden and crispy when they’re ready to go